Sunday, December 16, 2007




Hey all,

Last post of the 07 most likely, just a quick holiday piece. Cheesy I know but it's that time of the year.

Looks like the cat has been slightly let out of the bag as my buddy Skottie over at http://skottieyoung.blogspot.com/ let it slip that we've been working on a graphic novel together that will (fingers crossed) see print in the next 6-12 months. Anybody who knows me knows I've been a huge fan of his work for years (check out his recent run on "new x-men" = brilliance) and it blew my mind when he got in touch with me about the project. The books been simmering on the back burner for the last few months but thing are going to amp up after the first of the year. The story he's put together is all kinds of awesome and is going to be an absolute blast to illustrate.

And go check out Projekt Werwolf over at http://www.komikwerks.com/. It's a cool little pulp/horror story by some old school chums of mine Jon Colton and Kevin Schriver.

anyhoo..... make with merry merry everyone.

See ya in 08.

C

11 comments:

Dan Cooney said...

Hey Chris, good to see you at the dinner the other night for Barbara, albeit too brief. I had to get back to tutoring being finals and all she couldn't reschedule, hence, I missed out on the drinks man!

IRene said...

Hi Chris~~
long time no see!! I haven't check my blog for a long time......thanks for stop by! I love your Santa, I also put some stuff for X'mas ^^. happy holiday!

Unknown said...

Dan - Good seeing you too bud, njoy the break. Still can't believe you knocked out 150 of those sketch cards. my head aches...

Irene - awesome holiday piece!!! hope all is well with the new job. HH

David Malan said...

Nice work. Really interesting shape making. I really like your style.

Unknown said...

Thanks David,

Your work is jaw dropping!!!!!!

The oil/digi paintings are truly inspiring.

If anyone gets a chance go check out Davids blog. NOW.

just...wow.


C

Ken said...

love the santa, merry christmas dude, and good luck with the graphic novel!

Grant said...

Hey that's great news man! Let us know when it's out. This will be an awesome boost for your career.

Take care man.

Jonathan Colton said...

Hey Chris,

Great Santa! Good luck with the Graphic Novel- not that you need it. And, from what Scottie said about your work on his blog- apparently it looks freaking fantastic!

Can't wait to have you sign my copy.

Merry Christmas!

C.B. Canga said...

i like. hope your holidays are going well man. see you in the spring.

j. scott said...

Sounds like some exciting as all-get-out stuff...very much looking forward to it. My digits are crossed as well! And as always, great stuff...

Urban Barbarian said...

Beautiful work on this one! Love the color style on this one!